Here are the most common financial mistakes ex-pats make while living in UAE. This is not an exhaustive list but helps to save you from making those mistakes.
1. Spending more than what you have
2. Saving backup money for an emergency
3. Seeking financial advice from unregulated financial people
4. Investing in real estate without making proper investigations
5. Not knowing about the law of inheritance of the UAE
6. Not caring about taxes back at home
7. Not having insurance (this is the worst mistake)